Salesforce Admin Interview Questions Reports & Dashboards
REPORTS & DASHBOARDS
Table of Contents
192. What is a Report?
- Reports give us access to our Salesforce data. We can examine our Salesforce data in almost infinite combinations, display it in easy-to-understand formats, and share the resulting insights with others.
- In other words, reports are used to summarize the information of an object or combination of objects in easy-to-understand formats.
193. What is a Dashboard?
- A dashboard is a visual display of key metrics and trends for records in or org.
- The relationship between a dashboard component and report is 1:1; for each dashboard component, there is a single source report.
- However, you can use the same report in multiple dashboard components on a single dashboard (for example, use the same report in both a bar chart and pie chart).
- We can display multiple dashboard components on a single dashboard page, creating a powerful visual display and a way to consume multiple reports that often have a common theme, like sales performance or customer support.
194.What is a Report Type?
- A report type is like a template that makes reporting easier.
- The report type determines which fields and records are available for use when creating a report.
- This is based on the relationships between a primary object and its related objects.
- For example, with the ‘Contacts & Accounts’ report type, ‘Contacts’ is the primary object and ‘Accounts’ is the related object.
195. What is the difference between Standard Report Type and Custom report Type?
- Standard report types are created by salesforce for standard objects and while creating the objects for custom objects.
- Whereas the custom report types are created by administrators and can choose the desired field and relationships up to 4 objects in the report.
196. What are different formats of reports we have in salesforce or What are the types of reports we have in salesforce?
The report format specifies how your report results are laid out.
There are four formats available in salesforce
- Tabular (no grouping),
- Summary (grouped by rows),
- Matrix (grouped by rows and columns),
- Joined (with report blocks that provide different views of your data).
Note : In the Salesforce Classic report builder, you must choose a report format before grouping data. In the Lightning report builder, the report format automatically updates as you group report data.
197. Explain Tabular Report?
Tabular reports are the simplest and fastest way to look at your data. Similar to a spreadsheet, they consist simply of an ordered set of fields in columns, with each matching record listed in a row.
Note : We can create dashboards from tabular reports only if we add a limit to the number of rows but only charts on the reports are not supported.
198. Explain Summary Report?
Summary reports are similar to tabular reports, but also allow you to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts. Summary reports give us many more options for organizing the data, and are great for use in dashboards
Note : We can create dashboards from Summary reports
199. Explain Matrix report?
Matrix reports allow us to group records both by row and by column. These reports are the most time-consuming to set up, but they also provide the most detailed view of our data.
Note : We can create dashboards from Summary reports
200. Explain Joined reports?
Joined reports allow us to create multiple report blocks where each block behaves like a sub report having its own fields, column, filtering and sorting.
Or It allows side-by-side comparison of data with different conditions
201. What is the maximum number of blocks allowed in a joined report?
202. Blocks in a joined report must be based on related salesforce objects?
Answer : Yes
203. Which report types are supported to generate Dashboards?
- Tabular *
*We can create dashboards from tabular reports only if we add a limit to the number of rows
204. What are report charts?
If we don’t want to create a dashboard, but just want to add a chart to our report, then report charts may be right for our requirement.
Report charts allow us to place a single chart right at the top of your report, so that when we view the report, we can see the chart and the report results in one view.
205. What is the difference between Standard and Custom reports in salesforce?
- Standard reports are the reports provided by salesforce and standard reports cannot be deleted and can be used use for creating custom reports
- Whereas Custom reports are created by administrators/Users with some specific criteria. Unlike standard reports we can delete and store custom reports in a personal folder.
206. What is a bucket field or Bucket column in salesforce reports?
- Bucket fields allow us to Quickly categorize report records without creating a formula or a custom field by bucketing them.
- When we create a bucket column, we define multiple categories (buckets) used to group report values.
- Like any other column in our report, we can sort, filter, and group by bucket columns.
|1000 or less||Small|
|1001 to 25000||Medium|
|25000 or more||Large|
We can create a maximum of five bucket fields per report and each may contain up to 20 buckets
207. Which field are support to create a bucket field?
208. What are the chart types available in salesforce Dashboards?
- Bar Charts
- Column Charts
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Donut Charts
- Funnel Charts
- Scatter Charts
209. What are the options not supported in Joined reports?
- Add bucketed fields.
- Add cross filters.
- Drag and drop filters from the Fields pane on to the Filter pane.
- Apply conditional highlighting.
210. Is it possible to create a Formula type in reports?
- Formula is not supported for tabular reports and Formula can only be in number, currency and Percent format.
211. How many records can be displayed on a report ?
A report can support up to 2000 records . However, if we want more than 2000 records then we can export the report in a csv or excel format.
212. Where do reports and dashboards are saved in salesforce?
- We can save reports and dashboards in the report Folder and Dashboard Folder.
- We can save more than one report or dashboard in a folder.
213. Can we share a single report with other users?
No, we cannot share a single report with other users however we can save the report(s) in a folder and can share the folder.
214. What are dynamic Dashboards?
Dynamic dashboards enable each user to see the data they have access to.
With a dynamic dashboard, we can control data visibility without having to create a separate dashboard, with its own running user and folder, for each level of data access.
We have the following option
- Run as Specific User
- Run as Logged in User
215. Can we schedule a report and Dashboard in salesforce?
- Yes, we can schedule a report in salesforce.
- Schedule or Subscribe a report or dashboard to run daily, weekly, or monthly. An HTML version of the report can be sent by email to users in your organization.
- We can also attach an excel or CSV report to the scheduled report.